Speaker: Vince Klassen
We asked last week, why don’t we respond to connection attempts from the people we actually want to connect to? Are we possessed? Why do we suddenly snap at people we love? Or feel the desire to pull away from the people in our lives who are just trying to connect to us? What’s going on?
Why do we:
- Snap at people we actually want to be warm towards
- Ignore people we care about
- Numb ourselves from people’s attempts to connect with us
This week we are going to take a look at another reason we are doing the very opposite of the things we want to do. Last week we learned that there are certain emotions that we don’t like to feel, and any connection attempt through that emotion tends to get pushed away.
This week we are going to learn of the legacy that was passed down to us that is getting in the way from:
- A strong sense of connection to people we love
- The ability to feel warm feelings to the people reaching out to us
- The ability to create “drama free” connections with friends and family
This week we are going to show you how to overcome this legacy and find the connection you actually want.
To donate to this podcast and support the making of more of these please visit www.friendschurch.ca/podcast.